If you are preparing for pregnancy you should know that there are a lot of things you need to prepare for, not only physically, but also mentally and emotionally as well. This article will provide you with all the information that will make you healthier in terms of making a making and keeping a stable emotional mindset, when you think of conceiving the baby to the day of delivery. Getting pregnant requires massive planning from the parent's side and you should consider the following things when it comes to making a baby.
- How and when will you conceive the baby?
- How can your pregnancy go by in a smoother way?
- How can you escape from the complications that can arise in pregnancy?
- How can you make the birth process easier for you and the baby?
- How will you cope up with the post-delivery situation?
- And how to remain in the best emotional state throughout this entire period?
One thing that is most important when it comes to healthy pregnancy is the fact that the expectant mothers mental health before pregnancy is in the perfect shape. This means that the mother to be should be willing and prepared to go through the entire process of pregnancy. Psychologically speaking the rational emotive behavior therapy is perhaps a suitable way to explain why some women might feel mentally agitated and frustrated during and after pregnancy. this theory simply states that one doesn't feel upset due to the actual events that are taking place but due to how that person perceives those events; either in a positive or negative manner. Hence, in order to change how you feel all you need to do is change the way you perceive certain situations. Such therapy can prove to be effective for pregnant women since by changing their perceptions they can make themselves healthy and their baby healthier.
Emotions before pregnancy tend to be heightened, since neurotransmitters' levels vary in your body which leads to mood swings. This causes depression, anxiety and tension. What pregnant women should do to cope with this include:
- Exercise, which can help you fight stress and achieve physical fitness.
- Construct a body mass index in order to keep a check on your weight and make sure you are in the right weight range.
- Schedule regular appointments with your doctor and discuss how you feel.
- Lastly abstain from cigarettes, alcohol and any types of drugs.
Mental health is as important as the expectant mothers' physical health, so read this article to find out how you can work on keep the right state of mind during the stressful period of pregnancy